Information concerning the initial certificate application, certificate conditions, certificate modifications, lapse and surrender, suspension, revocation and other sanctions relevant to a key individual certificate is provided for in Part IV of the eGambling Regulations, 2009 and can be found here.
OBJECT OF LICENCE
A Key Individual is a person who is, or will be:
- someone who occupies or acts in a managerial position;
- someone who carries out managerial functions; or
- someone in a position to control or exercise significant influence over the operations of an eGambling licensee or a foreign gambling associate certificate holder.
An individual who has been identified either by a licensee or the Commission as occupying a key position and performing the functions of a Key Individual will need to apply for AGCC approval.
Step 1: The applicant submits an application consisting of the following:
- A completed application form here
- Written confirmation from the egambling licensee or licence applicant that the applicant for the Key Individual certificate is – or will be – a Key Individual
- Two copies of a recent photograph of the Key Individual.
- An investigation deposit of £1,000
Step 2: Assessment of the application against the criteria provided for in Regulation 142. In assessing the application, the AGCC may make enquiries of an officer of police, other gambling regulators and law enforcement agencies in and outside the Bailiwick of Guernsey.
Step 3: The application is determined by the Commission and, if approved, a Key Individual certificate is issued.